Like Alice in Wonderland

I admit, I am a dinosaur when it comes to computers. I started back in the day of binary codes, reams of paper and little cards punched full of holes.

The first computer I worked on took up an entire room in the doctor's office I worked in. If we did a 'run' we had to leave it on over night and hope it did crash in the wee hours. I remember thinking it was so fast!

Now, here I am some thirty years later immerged in Blogging for Beginners (B4B)! I feel like Alice and I just fell down the rabbit hole! Technology is wonderful! But, watch out for the Mad Hatter! ("No time! No time!")

Looking at the blogs of other educators, I see how nicely this tool incorporates into a classroom. Obviously it takes lots of work, but what a gift to give our students! I can see blogs in elementary classrooms as a way for students to write and share without feeling the discomfort of standing in front of the class. I can also see it as a great tool for the bilingual student who needs extra reinforcement. What better way than by blogging!

The one place I am still fuzzy on is our Wiki site. I am not sure what I am supposed to be doing on it, if anything. I think I uploaded a photo on it, but I could be wrong. It is all so mysterious!

Opps, the Mad Hatter is sitting on my shoulder shouting, "No Time!" Guess I better end this blog and attend to the other tasks at hand.

Peace, Love and Blessings...L

Comments

Elascelles said…
Hi Mom,
I think it is so admirable of you to take on the task of blogging. And I think you are right that it can be a useful tool for educational purposes. It can also be a good way for you to get feedback on your writing. Keep it up! I hope you are having fun with it. I love you
~Lizzy
elizabeth_anne said…
hello fellow grandmother and TESOL blogger
I too used machines at the time of punch cards - while doing my Physics degree in the UK. I now live in France where I teach English to Physics students. I am greatly impressed by your writings. I still feel very uneasy about the "e-friends" attitude. There's something too unreal about writing to people you don't know - I guess I'll have to go into this deeper, because I really enjoyed both Karim's blog for his students, and your writing. Strange Strange ... though Gladys and co are doing a great job!
Berta said…
Wow, your muse is so beautiful. I love the picture. I also see your daughter visits your posts and encourages a lot. Congratulations. You are very lucky to have such caring family members. You are doing great and will visit you soon to enjoy your blog creations.
Chhers, Berta

Popular posts from this blog

Hyacinths to Feed Thy Soul

Words as Balm - Words as Pain

Grandchildren Connections - Guest Post