Ponderings on the 65th
Me on the occasion of my first birthday!
I would love to share 65 bits of enlightenment, but perhaps we will go with nine as that is my favorite number and the number of my birth month as well as the total number of my birth day and year.
1. Love is the most powerful force on Earth. Never let time pass without telling those you love that you love them. Tomorrow is not promised to any of us.
2. Children are our greatest asset. We are all responsible for maintaining and healing our Mother, Earth for them.
3. Dancing at random moments in the kitchen or out in the driveway or in the grocery store aisle with the one you love is such a gift, to yourself, your partner and anyone who gets the privilege of witnessing the dance.
4. Never - NEVER - forget to say thank you. Even if it takes you a lifetime, always let those who have been kind know that you appreciated what they did.
5. Being your authentic self takes courage. You have to stand up to those who want to put you in a box. Be YOU. Be wild and wonderful. Be creative and fearless.
6. ALWAYS trust your intuition. We have all been given the ability to intuit. When we stop trusting that wee voice or that eerie feeling, we open ourselves up to trouble. Hone your intuition.
7. Learn to flow with the various seasons of life. We are not running a race; we are on an amazing journey. Change is the only constant, so let go of the need to control things and learn to be flexible.
8. Listen! Listen to the children and to the elders. Listen to the wind and the sea and the birds. Listen to your heart. Listen to each other. When we learn to listen, we allow for the Universe to guide us to our true callings. Be still and Listen!
9. Family are the people who love you, not conditionally, but as you are here and now. Family can be from the far corners of the world as well as those who share the same bloodline. Friends are sometimes closer family than blood relations.
So, this is my gift to you after 65 years of life and love! What an amazing journey to be on...can't wait for the next 65!