Spring Snow






Yesterday was the first day of spring.  What a glorious day it was! The sun was shining and the garden was showing signs of Nature's re-awaking. Daffodils and crocus were pushing through the brown leaves left from last fall. 

But, last night winter stormed back in like a spoiled toddler that wants to stay longer at the party leaving an inch or so of white stuff all over the green of spring sprouts. My heart sank as I walked to my snow-encrusted car.  I want spring!

Then, as quickly as it came, the snow disappeared.  By the time I left work for home, the snow was gone...completely!  In its wake were more buds, more green, more spring life bursting forth!

At that moment, I remembered what a dear friend had told me...spring snows are Nature's vitamins for the Earth.  

May we be like the tenacious spring blossoms that in spite of unexpected snows still burst through with their beauty.  Bloom where you are!  

Blessings!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hyacinths to Feed Thy Soul

Words as Balm - Words as Pain

Grandchildren Connections - Guest Post