Planting Seeds of Inspiration

Composite image to illustrate the diversity of...Image via Wikipedia 
Creativity blossoms when the seeds of inspiration are brought to fruition.

Who goes around planting seeds of inspiration?  We all do.  
  
Parents and teachers plant seeds of inspiration each day with simple statements like, "What a great writer you are!" and "Wow, this is a lovely picture. Can I hang it up?"  Friends inspire us by being there through thick and thin.  Strangers inspire us when their lives cross ours in unexpected ways. For example, witnessing a young woman helping an older woman who appeared to be homeless inspired a story I wrote several years ago.

Whatever we say or do can inspire others.  Just as there is great diversity in plant seeds, so too is there diversity in the seeds of inspiration we sow; this is the reason why it is so important to be mindful of our words and actions.  A child that is constantly told negative things, grows up believing these things to be true unless others are able to plant seeds of hope and trust.  Then, as the child grows, the weeds can be pulled, allowing the other seeds to blossom.

As you can see from this post, thus far, I have been inspired by gardening, a gift given me by my Momma who had a green thumb.  Honestly, she could take a dead plant and bring it back to life!  Everything and everyone in our life can inspire us to create.

Allow me to plant some seeds among you...I invite my readers to send a post to me on creativity via email (lupinelinda@gmail.com). It can be a story of who inspires you, or how creative women are or just about creativity in general.  The posts should be no more than 750 words.  Send me a short bio, also, so we can let everyone know who you are.  I will be posting these guest spots from now until the end of the month.

Namasté




Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hyacinths to Feed Thy Soul

Words as Balm - Words as Pain

Grandchildren Connections - Guest Post