One down, 11 more to go

I can't believe how quickly this month has flown! They say, time flies when you are having fun...not sure it was all fun, but it sure was busy!

Being a grandmother of three is the best part of my month. Telephone conversations with my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter are a hoot! One of the best went something like this:
"Hi, Nanilin!"
" Hi, Sweetheart! How's my girl?"
"Gooooooood!"
"Did you have fun today."
"Yes, I made a snowman with two eyes and a nose."
"How wonderful!"
"I love you, Nana!"
"I love you, too, sweetie!"
"Ok, later gater, drive safe, go slow, careful, don't fall down. (kiss, kiss) Mom! It's your Mom!"

At this point I am laughing so hard I can hardly breath! How old is this kid, anyway! Just love the kisses over the phone, too...they can pop your eardrum they are so loud!

Another interesting event that happened this month is that I joined the folks in my church who are participating in the "A complaint free world", which has been very challenging. They idea is to not complain for 21 days. (It takes 21 days to form a new habit. Not complaining would be the new habit.) Each time you complain, you move your purple "spirit" bracelet to the other hand. I have been doing this since the middle of the month and have had only two good days. I think they need to make the bracelet a bit bigger to go over my mouth! Not a complaint, just a statement of fact.

I have finally taken steps to have my poetry book published. This should be happening sometime in the early spring. I will post a link to it as soon as it clears the presses!

Rounding up the month are the last two classes for the last semester of my graduate degree. In fact, I am off to class in a few minutes. I love learning, however, I will be so thrilled to walk across the stage and receive my diploma in May. At fifty-something, this has been long in coming. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Hope your January was filled with memorable moments. See you in February.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hyacinths to Feed Thy Soul

Words as Balm - Words as Pain

Grandchildren Connections - Guest Post