Reflections on Life at 67 and One Day


Yesterday, after work on Zoom was complete and before I ate a scrumptious dinner of baked haddock and fresh coleslaw, I participated in the virtual #WilltoRun challenge facilitated by the @ARunningPassion.  I walked the 5K of this challenge.  

This was my second 5K. The first was several years ago in Portsmouth, NH. I did it with my youngest daughter. She ran, I walked pushing a carriage with my two grandsons up and down the hills of the town!  I came in just in time to hear my number announced as a winner of a gift certificate.  I was ecstatic!  Not because of the prize, but because I finished my first 5K ever!

But, I digress...the reason for this post today...the day after my natal anniversary is to share with you some of what I reflected on during my 70 minute walk.  Life needs to be pondered from time to time.  At 67, why not?!

As I meditated on what it meant to be 67 years old, I realized how blessed I am. I am a woman rich in daughters - my four by birth and many others by soul connection. I am a grandmother of 11 awesome small people who constantly amaze me with their innate wisdom and humor. I am a Grandmother/Crone to a world of humans my life has touched over the years.

I have learned that no matter what, do what brings you joy; what makes you want to spend hours talking and what lights the fires of your passion. If you follow your dreams, you will get there. The journey will not be easy, nor will it necessarily be quick, but it will be filled with possibility! 

Sometimes, as we follow our dreams, we suddenly become aware that we really want to go in another direction.  Go!  Don't over analyze the decision to change your mind. If it feels right to you, go for it. Miracles happen every day.

I have also learned that the gifts/talents you were born with are to be nurtured and shared.  You don't have to be a world renown artist/actor/sports person/etc. You need to use your talents and gifts to brighten the lives of others, even if you simply share them with your family or friends.  

Finally, I thought about how this pandemic has opened us all up to opportunities to bring hope and Light into the world.  Phone calls, cards, little notes, prayers, a wave, a smile are all moments of kindness that can change another person's life.  Don't miss them.

The first 67 years of my life have been such a gift! I look forward to the next 67!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hyacinths to Feed Thy Soul

Words as Balm - Words as Pain

Grandchildren Connections - Guest Post