What the World Needs Now...

 

 
 Heart Rock  
Photo art: (c) 2020 LMRN
 
As we enter the 6th month of this pandemic, I have been pondering ways to help bring the world Light, Love and Peace. So much around us seems hell bent on destroying these qualities. Yet, as Fred Rogers reminded us, there are always those who do good - there are always helpers. 
 
With that in mind, I thought of how, in my Catholic upbringing, we would do novenas whenever there was a special intention we hoped to have recognized on High. In the Catholic church, a novena is nine days of prayer, offerings, and/or rituals for a specific purpose.  (Novena comes from the Latin words for nine - "novem.")
 
As an interfaith minister, I spent the morning trying to think of how I could offer a novena that would appeal to people no matter their faith path. Then, as I sat looking out at the birds flying back and forth to the suet feeder, it came to me.  
 
I will host nine days of beautiful photos, inspirational and wise quotes from around the world. Each day, I will make a post on this page and encourage others to post their photos, quotes and stories as well.  By the end of nine days, it is my hope that we will all become more aware of "the good" in the world.  
 
Today, I begin with LOVE.  The photo above of the heart rock is one of many I have found over the years. I used to take them home, but now I photograph them and leave them for others to find, believing them to be a reminder from Creator that Love permeates everything in our world, if we let it. 
 
What are your signs of Love in this world?  Please feel free to share below.  
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hyacinths to Feed Thy Soul

Words as Balm - Words as Pain

Grandchildren Connections - Guest Post