Book Review - Black Madonna






Historic fiction is one of my favorite reads, so I didn't hesitate to accept the offer to review Black Madonna: A Pope's Deadly Obsession by Linda Lee Kane. This story takes the reader from present time into the past of the Catholic church and back. A bit reminiscent of Dan Brown's stories, Black Madonna, uses the history of Tarot to help inform the story.

That said, I will add in capitals, TRIGGER WARNING. There are some very explicit sexual passages (rape) as well as graphic violence. For me, this took away from the story and I had to put the book down several times to get through it. 

However, the story, sans the above, was interesting and I found that I was curious to see what was truth and what was fiction. The author, cleverly, adds this information to the end of the book.  

Therefore, while I had a difficult time with the sex and violence, the book has inspired me to do more research into the Cathars and Tarot.  

Read other reviews and posts on the Women on Writing Tour.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hyacinths to Feed Thy Soul

Words as Balm - Words as Pain

Grandchildren Connections - Guest Post