What Do You Know!

(c) 2018 Linda M. Rhinehart Neas

For the past five years, I have picked a word that I have used as a focus for the coming year. To pick the word, I have put various words in a hat and picked one out; randomly opened to a page in a book and used the first word I saw; and chosen a certain numbered word of an email. This year, I used a random word for the year tool online
This year's word is "know."  What I find interesting about this is that last year, my word was intuition. The ability to intuit things is different from knowing. Intuition is about trusting feelings around something; whereas, "to know," according to dictionary.com means:
  1. to perceive or understand as fact or truth; to apprehend clearly and with certainty: I know the situation fully.
  2.  to have established or fixed in the mind or memory: to know a poem by heart; Do you know the way to the park from here?
  3. to be cognizant or aware of: I know it.
My intuition tells me I have a lot to share about "knowing," because I don't think the word would have appeared if I wasn't supposed to focus on it. Therefore, let me share with you some of the truths (things that I know) that I have learned over the past 65 years.
  • I know that no matter how dark and cloudy the sky, above the storm there IS a golden sky!
  • I know that being kind is a calling for all people.
  • I know that children who have people around them who believe in them, go far.
  • I know that a cuppa tea does make everything better!
  • I know that even in my darkest moments, there was always something/someone who had my back - call it a spirit, a guide, God, angels, ancestors, whatever - I know it/they are there, always.
  • I know we are all family; we are all connected, and we all need to remember this, now.
So, these are just a few of the things I know.  More insights as 2019 unfolds before us.
On this Eve of New Year's Eve, may we all take time to think about what we know to be true. May we count the blessings of the past year. And, may we all be blessed with Love, Light and Peace in the coming year.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hyacinths to Feed Thy Soul

Words as Balm - Words as Pain

Grandchildren Connections - Guest Post