Spent some time with my grandchildren last week. What fun we had reading books, splashing in puddles, watching ants and racing cars across the living room rug.
As an educator, I love watching how the kids develop. Their little minds just seem to run full tilt sometimes. I was amazed to watch my grandchildren figure out problems by themselves. I also enjoyed listening to their often profound questions.
Grandson #2 tested my ability to come up with creative answers, however. "Why?" was his favorite question the entire time I was there. Made me wonder if his little mind ever rested. But, what a gift it is to have children that ask questions. (Even if they do drive you nuts sometimes!)
Here are some of the questions I danced around.
- Why do ants like mud?
- Why are you stay with us?
- Why do you like to sing songs?
- Meena, why are you Mommy's mommy?
- Why can't I find my red car you gave me? (I have given him several, so finding the right one was a challenge!)
- Why did you get me a Dory bag?
- Why do you love me so much?