How Does Your Garden Grow?

As a little girl, I loved to read Nursery Rhymes.  One of my favorites was, Mary, Mary Quiet Contrary.  

When I asked my mother what contrary meant, she explained that it was a word used to describe someone who didn't do things the way everyone else did.  I liked that idea!  Being contrary meant you could be different.

As the years passed, I realized that Mary was being hard to get along with, she simply wanted a garden that grew wild and free.  No neat rows and carefully coiffed hedges for her!

Inspired, my garden is a WILD-erness, too!  Here are some pictures to brighten your day, along with the poem.


Mary, Mary, quiet contrary
How does your garden grow?
With cockershells and silverbells,
And pretty maids all in a row.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hyacinths to Feed Thy Soul

Words as Balm - Words as Pain

Grandchildren Connections - Guest Post