Taste of Spring



 Visions of spring are everywhere!  From the blue skies with their puff white clouds...




 the sun rising over the Enchanted cottage...



 Momma Cardinal protecting her nesting spot...




To hyacinths blooming profusely in the garden and



 the new Robin's nest in the pines!



To celebrate, here is my final poem of the Poem-a-Day Challenge.

Bury the Winter
 
With spade and rake, I work
like grave diggers of old,
opening wounds in the garden,
packing them with gauzy roots and pills of seed.
Then, with surgeon’s skill,
I close each lesion,
dressing the area with fresh mulch.
Standing back, I take pride
in my handiwork, knowing
with warmth and sustenance,
my patient will recover.

 
© 2015 Linda M. Rhinehart Neas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hyacinths to Feed Thy Soul

Words as Balm - Words as Pain

Grandchildren Connections - Guest Post