Words Can Bring Peace

As you can see, I recently updated the blog.  In doing so, I also reviewed my settings.  One of the things I realized was that the opening statement on the blog, what everyone sees first, says, "Words can bring...Peace."

This got me to contemplating, something I do quite a bit in my old age.  I asked myself: Have my words brought peace to others?  Have the words of others brought me peace? How do words bring peace?

The answers I found are, yes, yes, and in many ways.

Words bring Peace when they touch something deep within a soul; when they enlighten the dark corners of the mind; and when they inspire action that creates a wave of love through the Universe.



For me, Peace means that body, mind and spirit are in balance and filled with contentment.  There is no need. There is no lack. 

We have yet to sustain the state of Peace for longer than a few minutes or hours at a time, which is why the work of Peacemaking is so vital at this time.  It is the reason why I strive in my teaching and writing to promote Peace.

The words of various Peacemakers have touched, inspired and enlightened me.  Some of my favorites are:


"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know Peace."  Jimi Hendrix
  
"Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal."  Martin Luther King, Jr.

"When you find Peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at Peace with others." The Peace Pilgrim 

"Peace is costly, but it is worth the expense." An African Proverb

"Peace is its own reward." Mahatma Gandhi

"There is no way to Peace, Peace is the way."  A.J. Muste

"If you wish to experience Peace, provide Peace for another." Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama

"We know a Peaceful world cannot long exist one-third rich and two-thirds hungry." President Jimmy Carter

What has inspired, enlightened or challenged you to be a Peacemaker? Who are your models for Peacemaking?





Comments

Anonymous said…
I love the new look Linda,very attractive.
" Have my words brought peace to others?" For me too, these words are important to keep in mind and even more so, the attitude and intention behind them, for that is what is conveyed. Words can heal.

Thanks for sharing all those lovely pics of the grand-kids and happy grand-motherhood all over again!
Love and blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Hyacinths to Feed Thy Soul

Words as Balm - Words as Pain

Grandchildren Connections - Guest Post