Be Love





There are times when the serendipity of Life just blows me over.

Today, I had the great pleasure of preaching at my friend Will's church. The theme for today's service was, "Be Love." The sermon spoke of how we are all called to Be Love in whatever manner we can. The sermon was well received, leaving me with a feeling of content accomplishment.

Arriving home, I sat down to check what emails had come in over the past two days while I was gone. My eyes were immediately drawn to an email that seemed to stand out like a beacon of Light from the screen. My friend, Maithri, had written about the new non-profit organization he has started for the people in Swaziland.

As I read his note and then traveled to the new website for Possible Dreams International (PDI), my heart filled with such joy. Here was an example of what I had been trying to share with the congregation at my friend's church. Maithri and the people who work with him, are all the personification of Love.

Their ability to see God's Light in all they meet, accepting them as they are, is what unconditional Love is all about.

I have been honored to be an ambassador for PDI. It is my goal to help in whatever way presents itself to me. The first idea I had was to hold a coffeehouse at our church to raise money for PDI as well as awareness of the situation in Swaziland. It is now in the planning stages. But, I felt the need to do something more immediate, thus, this posting.

~~~~~~

Swaziland has been forgotten by most of the world. Many people believe it is not worth saving. Thankfully, there are those who believe we can be the change we want to see in the world and that it starts in Swaziland.

Let me give you a little picture of what it is like to live in a country where HIV/AIDS has infected 42% of the population.

Entire villages have been decimated. All sexually active adults are either dead or dying. This leaves the children and the elderly. It is the grandmothers who are now raising the children left behind. In Swaziland, they are called Gogo. The Gogos are often left with all their grandchildren to raise, without money, without housing, without medical care. PDI hopes to change this.

The following is a video entitled A Gogo's Prayer.





I dream of someday going to Swaziland to work along side the living embodiments of Love who already share their lives with our brothers and sisters there. To hold the hands of the Gogos who have given everything they have to the children will be the greatest blessing of my life.

The following video is from the PDI website. It shows what happens when we dare to dream the impossible dream.



By the way, the beautiful voice in this video was none other than Dr. Maithri Goonetilleke. He is a man of many talents and gifts, all of which he gives so freely.

Be Love! If you feel called to do so, please consider supporting PDI in whatever way you can. Remember, simply sharing this information with others is helping. It brings awareness of the conditions which our brothers and sisters in Swaziland live with every day!

Comments

Maithri said…
May the spirit of love bless you in wild abundance my dear sister, for all that you offer for the people of this world...

In less than 24hrs we launch ;) But then again in many ways we already have...

Thank you for being a part of our movement for change and for inviting your friends to join us,

Together we can,

Together we will.

My deepest love to you,

Maithri
Anonymous said…
Hello Linda,

You are the embodiment of "Be love."

Your enthusiasm and love is a testament of walking the talk.

Thanks for being love, my friend!

Popular posts from this blog

Hyacinths to Feed Thy Soul

Words as Balm - Words as Pain

Grandchildren Connections - Guest Post