Going Within

“Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.” – Carl Jung


Reflective practice has helped me gain strength during some of life's toughest moments. A writer must develop this art...one cannot write creatively without first listening to the heart.

Recently, listening to my heart has led me to some uncharted waters. After months in an untenable situation, I gathered all the advice I had been given, sorted through the different scenarios and then listened to what my heart was telling me. I do not know what might appear over the next horizon, but I do know that in my heart, I have made the best decision for me.

So, I wait with anticipation to what might come next in my life. I have my beloved beside me, I am able to share in the lives of my grandbabies and I can always find solace in the written word...it doesn't get much better than that!

In the meantime, I will continue to reflect...going within to listen to heart/angels/guides/ancestors...knowing that if I am quiet enough, I will hear the answer to my questions and I will awaken to find the new path on which my life will travel.

Comments

Kath Fearing said…
Hi, Linda,
Women sometimes ignore their greatest strength, which is listening to what's going on inside them and calling on the strength that is there in abundance. I am prone to anxieties (I should have, I need to, why haven't I, blah...blah); but each time I stop myself and listen to my heart, I become stronger and see my life much clearer.
Just takes practice.
Love,
Kath Fearing

Popular posts from this blog

Hyacinths to Feed Thy Soul

Words as Balm - Words as Pain

Grandchildren Connections - Guest Post