As Lovely As A Tree

The poet, Joyce Kilmer wrote the following poem: 

TREES

I think that I shall never see 
A poem lovely as a tree. 
 
A tree whose hungry mouth is pressed 
Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast; 
 
A tree that looks at God all day, 
And lifts her leafy arms to pray; 
 
A tree that may in Summer wear 
A nest of robins in her hair; 
 
Upon whose bosom snow has lain; 
Who intimately lives with rain. 
 
Poems are made by fools like me, 
But only God can make a tree. 
 
I love trees...the following is a photo essay of the old Ironwood tree outside our local library. She is such a lovely creature! The pictures speak louder than any words I could write.
 
Enjoy!






For more information on Ironwood trees (also known as American Hornbeam) check out this link: http://plants.usda.gov/factsheet/pdf/fs_caca18.pdf

Comments

Unknown said…
Excellent post.I want to thank you for this awriter.org informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work. 

Popular posts from this blog

Hyacinths to Feed Thy Soul

Words as Balm - Words as Pain

Grandchildren Connections - Guest Post