30 Poems in November!


For the third year in a row, I am participating in the 30 Poems in November! challenge held as a fundraiser for the Center for New Americans. A wonderful mix of literacy support, literacy practice and literary joy, 30 Poems bring two of my most favorite things together - writing poetry and being of service to others.

I am hoping that my family, friends and readers will consider supporting me in my efforts.  The money raised will go to support the various literacy programs provided by the Center for New Americans (CNA).  The poems I will write - some of them - I hope to include in a new book I am writing on Ireland. 

This year, CNA is using Razoo as their fundraising venue. You can either click here or on the link at the top of this page.  All donations are gratefully appreciated - no donation is too small!

As a teaser, here is a poem I just wrote - imagine the ones I will write in November!

POET'S PASSION

The letters are strung together
into words that form ideas - pictures -
glimpses of Heaven - 
or - 
Hell.
Worked and formed, erased and edited,
the thoughts build to a crescendo
until, breathless, the poet sits back
admiring the creation she breathed into life.

Linda M. Rhinehart Neas © 2014



Comments

Keaton S said…
Hi thanks for posting thiis

Popular posts from this blog

Hyacinths to Feed Thy Soul

Words as Balm - Words as Pain

Grandchildren Connections - Guest Post