Words Can Nurture Dreams into Reality

  

There is so much in the media today about how when we visualize what we want, we draw it to us.  Many people are creating vision boards.  They cut out pictures, words, quotes, etc., hanging their creation where they can see it daily.  Does it really help?

According to scientists, a vision board re-programs our brain to filter out whatever is deemed unnecessary and focus on what is important.  This is done in the reticular activating system (RAS) located between the medulla oblongata and the mesencephalon.  This tiny part of the brain is what allows parents to sleep soundly as trains rattle the house, yet wake immediately if their child calls out in the night.  The vision board, when viewed daily, focuses what consciously a person has deemed important in their life, thus drawing it to them.

Words are powerful tools in the Law of Attraction.  A poem written by Dorothy Law Nolte, Children Learn What They Live, was popular back in the 70's.  The gist is that when children live in environments that are negative, they become negative; if they live in environments that are positive they become positive.  Therefore, children who are constantly told they are bad, stupid, ignorant, careless, clumsy, etc. become those things.  Likewise, children told they are bright, creative, kind, thoughtful,  become those things.  The Law of Attraction...words becoming reality.

When working with children and adults, I often explain to them that if they write or paint or dance then they ARE a writer, artist, dancer.  Words are powerful...tell the child or anyone to wait until they grow up, get a degree, have more time, whatever - to be an artist, writer, etc. and they may give up their dream.  Tell them they are what they dream already and they will attract the tools needed to become that dream.

When I was a child, I was blessed by the children's librarian who told me I was a poet.  She gave me poetry books to read, encouraging me to write.  Several of my teachers also told me that I was a good writer and poet.  They nurtured my skills, helping me become who I am today...a poet and writer.



Long before the Law of Attraction became a popular device for people, I dreamed of a little Cape Cod home surrounded by lush gardens.  This was a dream that began as a child.  I would draw pictures of the house; I would doodle it; I would cut pictures out of magazines; I would write stories about it.  As an adult, I would talk about my dream.  Guess what?  Today, I live in a little Cape Cod home surrounded by lush gardens. My thoughts, my words nurtured my dream into reality!

What are your dreams?  Write them down, look at them often, believe they are yours!

Namasté!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hyacinths to Feed Thy Soul

Words as Balm - Words as Pain

Grandchildren Connections - Guest Post